"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending" - Maria Robinson
Pregnancy & Beyond is a comprehensive program for pregnant women with opiod addiction. The program is a component of Primary Care Centers of Eastern Kentucky (PCCEK) and care will be provided throughout pregnancy, postpartum, and beyond. Care includes obstetrical services, medication-assisted treatment (MAT), pharmacy services, prenatal educations, pediatrics, and behavioral health counseling. Our program is unique in that we have partnered with Mountain Comprehensive Care Center (MCCC) to provide the behavioral health component of our program. From the initial evaliation, Mountain Comprehensive Care Center will be providing intensive outpatient services on-site including: individual and group therapy, case management, community and peer support services. Using a team approach, we will nurture recovery while inspiring hope in a supportive, caring environment.
During your pregnancy our program offers:
- Prenatal Care - complete prenatal care from conception through delivery, including lab and ultrasound services.
- Prenatal Education - topics will include pregnancy, nutrition, exercise, breastfeeding, labor/delivery, and postpartum education in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) - is treatment for addiction that includes the use of medication along with counseling and support.
- Pharmacy - full range of pharmacy services
- Behavioral Heath - Mountain Comprehensive Care Center (MCCC) is on-site at Primary Care Centers and will be providing intensive outpatient services including: Individual and group therapy, case management, community and peer support services.
- Dental - full range of dental services
- Postpartum Care - you will be cared for in our OB Department until your six-week postpartum exam. After your exam, you will be transferred to one of our medical providers for continued care and support.
Following delivery our program offers:
- Medical Care - after delivery and postpartum exam, your care will continue with one of our medical providers for treatment and continued recovery.
- Education - topics will include child care, car seats, baby-proofing your home, fitness, and life skills.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) - After delivery and six week postpartum exam, a long-term treatment plan will be discussed with one of our medical providers. The plan may include a medically supervised withdrawal, Vivotrol treatment, or transferal into a long-term treatment center.
- Pediatrics - our pediatric department has full time pediatricians on staff to care for your baby after delivery. Care includes well-baby exams, immunizations, and sick visits.
- Behavioral Health - all behavioral health services will continue to be provided by Mountain Comprehensive Care Center (MCCC) following delivery. Additional services such as family therapy, and attachment-based parenting education and guidance will be available.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is treatment for addiction that includes the use of medication along with counseling and support. This type of treatment helps you stop using the addictive drug, regain control of your life, and make rational decisions without the influence of the drug. Counseling helps to address issues that are tied to the addiction, such as feelings of low self-worth, history of trauma, difficult situations at home, abusive relationships, and spending time with people who use drugs. Treatment encourages moving into a healthy, addiction-free lifestyle.....into recovery
Buprenorphine (Subutex, Suboxone) is used to treat opioid addiction, it takes away withdrawal symptoms and reduces cravings. It is a pill that dissolves under the tongue and is taken once per day. Suboxone contains buprenorphine and naloxone. Subutex contains only buprenorphine and is prescribed for pregnant patients.