Recovery & Beyond
At Recovery & Beyond our primary goal is to provide the best care throughout pregnancy, postpartum and beyond. Recovery & Beyond is a comprehensive program designed for families with opioid addiction. The program is a component of Primary Care Centers of Eastern Kentucky (PCCEK). Our care programs are designed especially for each individual patient and include obstetrical services, medication-assisted treatment (MAT), pharmacy services, prenatal educations, pediatrics, and behavioral health counseling. From the initial evaluation, Mountain Comprehensive Care Center will provide intensive outpatient services on-site including individual and group therapy, case management, community, and peer support services. By using a team approach, we will nurture recovery while inspiring hope in a supportive, caring environment.
- Healthcare for mothers, fathers, and grandparents
- Family Friendly
- Comprehensive Care
- Recovery oriented
- Nurturing & Supportive, team approach
- All services at one location
During your pregnancy, our health care providers will work with you to tailor to your specific needs.
Our pregnancy programs include:
- Prenatal Care: Our team will tailor complete prenatal care during your pregnancy, from conception through delivery, including lab and ultrasound services.
- Education: We provide education including, prenatal, labor and delivery and postpartum care. Parenting classes, nutrition classes, and GED classes offered on-site to all participants in our program.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): We will provide you with an addiction treatment plan that includes the use of medication along with counseling and support.
- Pharmacy: Our on-location pharmacy will offer you a full range of pharmacy services Behavioral Health - Through our partnership with Mountain Comprehensive Care Center, we will provide intensive, onsite outpatient services including individual and group therapy, case management, community and peer support services.
- Dental: Our onsite dental team will provide you with a full range of dental services
- Postpartum Care: Our OB Department will care for you and your child until your six-week postpartum exam. After your exam, you will be transferred to one of our medical providers for continued care and support. See below.
Our Beyond program offers Behavioral Health, Education and MAT services to ALL women regardless of pregnancy status as well as men.
These programs include:
- Medical Care: We will continue to care for you after your delivery and postpartum exam. Your OB provider will match you with one of our medical providers for continued treatment and recovery
- Education: We will continuously provide you with education to support your new role as a mom with topics including child care, car seats, baby-proofing your home, fitness and other life skills
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): After delivery and your six-week postpartum exam, our medical providers will create a long-term treatment plan designed to work for you. This plan may include a medically supervised withdrawal, Vivitrol treatment or transferal into a long-term treatment center.
- Pediatrics: Our skilled, full-time pediatric staff will care for your baby after delivery. Care includes well-baby exams, immunizations, and sick visits.
- Behavioral Health: Additional services such as family therapy, and attachment-based parenting education and guidance will also be available to you.
What is Medication-Assisted Treatment?
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is a treatment for addiction that includes the use of medication along with counseling and support. This type of treatment is designed to help stop using addictive drugs, regain control of your life, and make rational decisions without the influence of drugs.
Counseling helps address issues tied to addiction, such as feelings of low self-worth, history of trauma, difficult situations at home, abusive relationship, and spending time with people who use drugs. Treatment encourages moving into a healthy, addiction-free lifestyle; into recovery.
Buprenorphine (Subutex, Suboxone) is a medicine used to treat opioid addiction. This pill dissolves under the tongue and is taken once a day to take away withdrawal symptoms and reduce cravings. Suboxone contains buprenorphine and naloxone while Subutex contains only buprenorphine and is safe to prescribe to pregnant patients.
Pregnancy and Beyond Providers
Sandra Boucher, RN-Program Director
Deonna Campbell, RN-Program Assistant
101 Town & Country Ln Ste 100
Hazard, KY 41701